Saturday 3 December 2011

Berlin, 2011

This was the first time Id been abroad without my parents, and it was so amazing. I went for five days and saw some amazing sights, Berlin is such a beautiful city and people should go visit it because I cant describe it enough. To see the sights you have to go on a nighttime and see it all lit up. From the Bundestag (Germany's House of Commons) on the bridge to the Reichstag you can see over the city, the previous picture shows this. And from the top of the Reichstag you can see the entire of the city, in its beauty. For those who love history I would recommend going, if you ever get the option take it, you wont be disappointed; even if its alot of money, you will get your money's worth I promise.
For those who want culture, I would recommend it too, honestly, it is a beautiful, cultured city. The Cathedral on museum island is massive and going inside you would think it was Catholic but its actually Protestant.
I loved this city, and I didnt want to come back to England; Id love to return to Berlin one day.
Oh, one tip, make sure you learn at least some German! Not everyone speaks English, and its easier than just pointing at things.


1 comment: